soil

Although I know many of you have sandy soil, most of
my post have referred to clay soil which is what I
have. In my continuing search for information that
helps us understand the soil our gardens grow in, I
found this work at the U of Mn. The matter of water
holding is important to all of us but it is simply a
matter of survival to those of you with sandy soil.

"Stabilized organic matter acts like a sponge and can
absorb six times its weight in water. In sandy soils,
water held by organic matter will make the difference
between crop failure or success during a dry year."

=====
Butch Ragland
Conflict is as addictive as
cocaine, alcohol, cigarettes,etc