Happy New Year from FIRST LOOK

  • Subject: Happy New Year from FIRST LOOK
  • From: CAB cbctplant@sbcglobal.net
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:42:52 -0800 (PST)

    Hi Everyone,
     Just want to wish everyone a great new year, and success with all your
resolutions if you've made any.
     Tonight at midnight, as is traditional, the FIRST LOOK website goes
back up with lots of new photos (over 150) from our last meeting and the first
info on FIRST LOOK 6. Special thanks go to Kathie Sisson, Kent Terpening the Daltons and Alttara Scheer for providing all those ( clear ) photos. ( The fuzzy ones Carol took with a digital camera, indoors...a tool and setting she was CLEARLY not practiced at.)
     The plants at our last meeting were really outstanding, so don't miss
the Plants section of our Photo Viewer. In particular, we had quite a
showing from the FOoSF bunch.  The ever diligent Bill Meyer, Altarra Scheer  and Ran Lydell each thought they had a SURE winner or two . They turned out in force this year along with first time contender Charlie Seaver. But none could surpass the winning entries of 2 Upstate New York Hosta Society memebers, a couple Na'Hampshirites and a Michigander who entered only 2 plants.

  The People section is always enetertaining thanks to the narrative of one hilarious FIRST LOOK elf. Don't miss the Competition section and check out the ribbons page to see if you agree with the judges ribbons of blue , red, yellow, best of section and best of class winners.
  Again this year, the attendees chose a different Sport winner and a different Seedling winner than the AHS judges chose. And thanks to all the photographers who sent us their pictures, we have a special and new section of judging photos. Peek into their secret conclave and witness their determined study of each entry to arrive at a single winner in the Seedling catagory and one in the Sport catagory.
  From there you read all about each of the winning entries and their enterers' tales of the plant origins.
  So that's a preview of the FIRST LOOK 5 web, a regional get together in photographs. We hope you will enjoy the show and get a taste of what everyone will get a chance to see and participate in in 2006 as we become a part of the AHS 2006 Convention.
  Hey, Glen Williams! Still trying to promote a hosta flag?
  As the theme photo for FIRST LOOK 2006, we offer a hosta stars and stripes! A C B, photo taken in one of the Ohio AHS convention gardens, we thought the curve was representative of a waving flag and you can't have a flag without remembering Betsy Ross' circle of stars. Our 6th FL image we think is perfect for our convention debut in the Philadelphia, PA area, first home of our nation's capital. As always, the FL image is available for download as wallpaper and you will find the wallpaper button in the First Look section of the site.
  Here is the link to use: http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/index.htm  at the stroke of midnight.
  Click on the First Look button and enjoy a look around!
  The Very Best in 2006
  From all of us at FIRST LOOK!
  Happy New Year!!!!