Re: Archives, the future interactive source for hosta information.

>My dreams is to do all the things everyone has discussed. Hosta info on
>hybridizing , pictures of registrations, bulletin board for the club
>and a lot more.  But the bottom line is if the info is not kept current,
>it is worse than useless.  No one has the time to enter everything
>manually..........especially when it already exists in electronic form.
>Soooooooooooooooooooo the AHS SITE has gone nowhere... only a great
>but keep the ideas coming.............I will continue to try and meet your

Bernie you can't imagine how deeply I sympathize with you.  I've found
the exact same thing to be true just trying to manage the website for our
local WNYHS.  If you don't do it yourself forget it!  At least Clyde
will send you pictures, I've begged and pleaded for pics froom members at
every meeting and in every newsletter with no luck.  It's very frustrating
to see the potential available and have an idea of what
you'd like to see but get no support.  I'm sure some of it comes from the
non-computer people.  I always get asked why we need a website,
and to be truthful we probably don't "need" it.  But  properly
supported it's a great tool for communication, education and also
to do some bragging about our members and what we do show off
our best stuff and generate an interest.
Hang in Bernie,
I have no doubt you've got some great visions of what the AHS website should
be, you wouldn't have agreed to the job if you didn't.