NLE (Newsletter Editors and E Liaisons)

Dear NLEs and Email liaisons:
First I wish to thank all of you for your patience with my slow recovery from
surgery.  I am much better and have started to spend some time at my computer.
My first order of business is to continue with the updated NLE exchange list.
I can also praise members of this exchange for helping me to make some sense
of my own files!  Yikes, did I ever get those messed up!   At any rate, here
is my latest update of information...
Please add a NEW MEMBER and NEW SOCIETY to the exchange list:

Kyle Gigot  Editor
Green & Gold Hosta Soc.of NE Wisconsin
1480 Cormier Rd
Green Bay, WI    54313

Please make these changes to the old list:

Warren I. Pollock
Delaware Valley Hosta Society
202 Hackney Circle
Wilmington, DE    19803
   change to:
Warren I. Pollock
AHS Associate Director of Publications
202 Hackney Circle
Wilmington, DE    19803
   and add:
Charles Seaver
Delaware Valley Hosta Society
703 Mt. Lebanon Rd.
Wilmington, DE   19803

Change:
Alan Bewell
Ontario Hosta Society
65 Mill Street
Orangeville,   Canada  L9w 2M6
   change to:
John Kee
Ontario Hosta Society
Box 731
Erin, Ontario Canada  N0B 1T0
( John, is this the proper way to write your Canadian mailing address? Please
advise)

One of the newest NLE exchange members was kind enough to share his updated
Data base with me and I noticed that he has added a couple of recipients that,
to me, seems like a very good idea. He also mails a copy of his society's
newsletter the the local newspaper and a local radio station.  Great idea!

Please take note of the Newsletter Poll results that Glen Williams conducted
and compiled via the Email robin.  As he said, it wasn't widely responded to
but it will give you some ideas of those who did take the time to take part in
the poll.

I cyber chatted with a nurseryman who is a part of the Email robin but not a
membar of a local society.  He volunteered to write a newsletter article and I
accepted his offer for all of us.  I will pass it along when I receive it.  If
you have a one on one exchange with a hostaphile via Email or a local nursery
owner, now is a great time to ask if they would write something for your
newsletter, like all of us, they are not busy in the garden right now.

If you need a copy of the latest NLE exchange list, if you have any comments,
corrections or critisisms, if you have any tid bits to share with the group,
if you know that the newsletter editor of your society is NOT a part of the
Email robin and you don't see or know of an Email liaison for your society,
please Email me privately and let me know.  I have plans to get together
cyberly with Bernie Diesen, the AHS web master and chat about setting aside a
place on the AHS web page for NLEs to share info. I am also working on putting
together a snail mail package for NLEs because not every editor has Email. If
you have updates or corrections please pass them along to me so that the
material that I send out will be as up to date as possible.

Don't forget that US postage rates increased last week end. Don't forget to
include the address of AHS membership secretary in each newsletter issue,
space permitting.  The current national dues are $24.00 until the end of 1999
and checks should be mailed to:
Cindy Nance
AHS Membership Secretary
338 E Forestwood St.
Morton, IL  61550
If you post something on the robin or send me an Email...please use NLE in the
subject line, this helps everyone sort their Email more effectively. Lastly,
if you send me an Email and it seems that I have ignored you, PLEASE resend
your message.  My work takes me away from home for days at a time and I am
still trying to sort through 600+ messages that piled up while I was in the
hospital.  Again I praise all of you for your hard work and terrific
newsletters!  Don't be bashful...let me hear from you!
 EEE ya soon,
CBCTPLANT@AOL .com

AHS Newsletter Coordinator
Carol Brashear