Pandora's Box---No, not the hosta--a Political Discussion

Bernie Wrote:

Hang in there Dan................conflict may be addicting, but conflict can
also forge progress!
Thanks Bernie,
------------------------

To all 3,000 plus members of the AHS,

We are at an unprecedented time in the history of the American Hosta
Society. The e-robin is essentially an on going board meeting of the AHS.
The messages posted here do not affect just the 200 members of this robin,
they reverberate throughout the entire membership of the AHS. this is the
way it is. No person or group can do anything about this fact, it just goes
with the technology. Even the closing of this robin can not change this fact
as was witnessed when the first AHS e-mail robin was closed. Instantly
several other e-mail robins sprung up  in it's place. This is not a
suppressible technology.
There are some who will not grant that what I am saying is true. They have
suggested I stay silent or only talk about hostas.  Others remain in the
background for fear of public ridicule and being labeled as a trouble maker
as I have been. Politics is the vehicle the AHS uses to promote hostas. Our
charter in a political statement as to our purpose.

I hope at AHS board meetings the talk is not just about hostas. If it were,
these meetings would be almost useless. There are board members who have
e-mail but chose not communicate on this robin. This is a personal choice
and rightly so. But there is still no escaping the subjects discussed here.

To those who have suggested we stop our writing on politics and talk instead
about hostas I reply:

Write about what you like. Don't post trying to suppress other's point of
view. Knowing other people's opinion's are necessary to form your own
educated opinion. There is room here for writing on all aspects of the genus
hosta.

If we make enemies of each other on this robin we are committing a sin
against the genus hosta. Let's work together by discussing all things
relevant to the promotion of the genus hosta.

Seeking understanding,

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7