Re: Pandora's Box---No, not the hosta--a Political Discussion

In a message dated 1/12/1999 11:42:58 AM Central Standard Time,
sussextreeinc@ce.net writes:

<<
 To those who have suggested we stop our writing on politics and talk instead
 about hostas I reply:

 Write about what you like. Don't post trying to suppress other's point of
 view. Knowing other people's opinion's are necessary to form your own
 educated opinion. There is room here for writing on all aspects of the genus
 hosta.

Among the missions of the American Hosta Society is foremost one to promote
interest in the Genus Hosta [itals]. If the AHS is not fulfilling that mission
or if there are better ways to do so, then those that criticize the AHS in
fulfilling that goal should be heard.
Having been a member of the Executive Committee of the AHS fo six years, I
have come to realize that the best way to insure that the mission is being
promoted is not through rather desultory Board meetings, but rather through
the internet.

Many I know resent and oppose "political" postings; but, I can say without
reservation, these postings are in the best interest of ALL members of the
AHS.

Clyde Crockett z5