NLE's, Here's an electronic source for newsletter articles.

Local Newsletter Editors,

I want to re-announce that the archives of Hosta-Open are available for use
by all Local Newsletter Editors (NLE's) and their local hosta clubs. The
archives are indexed by:

Joanne P. wrote on hosta-open:    (Joanne handles the technical side of
running hosta-open)

I guess nothing had ever been formally said about using hosta-open
info in newsletters.  For the record I would encourage anyone to use
the postings from hosta-open in a newsletter, providing they have the
authors permission, and would just ask that you identify hosta-open as the
source of the information. Thanks
jopyz@earthlink.net           (write Joanne to Join Hosta-open)
Hosta-open is a listserve that discusses hostas. It has been in operation
since May of 1988. Before that date it was called open-hosta and was located
on a different server. Open-hosta was started to fill the void created when
the first AHS e-mail robin closed.
A  paragraph from a contributing member:  (our purpose)

" Hosta-open features a series of technical/scientific discussions on a
variety of subject matter themes...from soil fertility and management, hosta
hybridization, soil/water relationships, pest control, best cultural
practices, propagation methods and other themes to help new and old hosta
gardeners to learn the how and why of understanding the scientific side of
hosta culture to match the artistic side of hosta gardening."

Can you guess which staunch supporter of hosta-open wrote the above

Was it Ran Lydell, Preston Littleton, Jim Hawes or Dan Nelson?

The winner gets a free membership ;-)

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7----------------Temp today, 58f ha, ha, ha to you Northerners.