Reproduction Physiology

TO:  Norm Lesch (and others)

No one has responded off line about the questions posed in my posting of
1/13, so all communication so far has been public.  How about that,
talking about sex openly.  C H Falstead was only other to respond.

This summer I will start to count ovules/pod (another ?: Do each of the 3
chambers have the same number of ovules?) on a cultivar by cultivar
basis.  I have about 100 cultivars and species in my own garden and
access to others.  My goal is to see of ovule count runs in families,
i.e. sieboldiana vs sieboldii vs plantaginea vs ???  Anyone else
interested in such a project?  If so, we can compare notes.

No one has yet responded to:  How long is an individual hosta flower
fertile and when is its peak time of fertility?  Know of any studies
done?

Thanks for your thoughtful responses.

Charles Tuttle
Columbus, OH  Z5