Counting ovules

Norm,
Thanks for volunteering to count ovules this summer.  It will be
interesting to collect this data and analysis it.  I wonder if it can be
used for taxonomic purposes?  Wonder if W Geo Schmid (or anyone else) has
any data with respect to families within the genus?  Yours is the only
response so far.  I will check with one of the plant pathologists at Ohio
St Univ so that we can develop protocol.  That way we will all try to do
it the same way.  The way it looks outside, we have a little time to kill
before seeing any flowering hosta!

Anyone else interested in counting?

Norm, I do not have Falsteads posting on my home computer.  Will try to
locate it on Monday when back in the office.