Re: Thanks---and Growing From Seeds

Dear Cylde and others:

> There is a great article in the Hosta Journal by P. Stygall. I do not
have the
> citation.
> Perhaps someone out there can tell you and/or give you other sources.
> Please tell us what your hopes and aspirations are in the type(s) of
> you would like to produce from your growing program.
> You are in the right place as many members of this list grow seedlings in
> various manners, particularly under lights.

This year, I will be setting up a grow light system - haven't had one for
years, but I want one again to start veggies indoors. So I can grow hostas
from seed, too. I need to start with the basics - I will buy some seed this
year to give it a try. So I need to know things like : is there a better
time of year to start them (I'm zone 4), conditions, dos and don'ts, etc.

The article in the hosta journal sounds good - I only recently joined AHS
and I don't have access to back issues. Is there a way to buy back issues
from them?

And since I'm asking questions <gg> Has anyone had problems with Sharmon
reverting to all green? it was variegated 2 seasons for me and then in
1998, came up all green.

Susan Little DVM
Diplomate ABVP (Feline)
Bytown Cat Hospital