Re: Size of Hostas

In a message dated 1/17/1999 11:30:30 AM Central Standard Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

<<
 Gold Edger is a small hosta because it is not a medium hosta.

 I agree. It would be very interesting to get CLUMP sizes of all the hostas,
but for now the designations dwarf, small, medium, etc, refer to the
size(area) of the leaves.

If one uses Gold Drop as an edger, one would not have to worry about the plant
being taller than those behind it.
(BTW, I have had a lot of anthracnose infection of Gold Drop. Has anyone else?
It usually begins to appear here in August in my Indianapolis z5b garden.)

Clyde Crockett z5