Re: Size of Hostas

In a message dated 1/17/99 11:51:51 PM Central Standard Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:

<< How many times have you moved a Hosta because it got to tall?
 On the other hand, how many times have Hostas been moved because they
 got to crowded? >>

I would say it's about fifty/fifty for me.
But then again I never plant Hosta as a finished product.  All my plants start
off close and tight and as they get bigger I move them around to suit their
growth patterns.

I have no disagreement-it is sorta like the argument -- what is more important
the engine on the car or the tires.
A proper view would take both height and width into consideration. Even though
height is more determined than width.  when planting perennial beds height is
what becomes the factor in placement. Were as-width-gives you the number of
plants you can work with.