Re: Ovules and pods

Ben,
Thanks for your reply and input.  I will be most interested to read the
article which you report will be in the next issue of THJ.  Perhaps in
this article there will be some analysis, correlation and conclusions
regarding the number of pods and genetic lines and species.  My question
is: is the pod count and the number of ovules within the pods an inherent
characteristic of a species and/or hybrid cultivar?  Can some of these
look-a-likes recently discussed on the robins be distinguished by ovule
pod/count?  I don't know the answer, but would like to do some research
in this area.

To the volunteers for counting, thanks for volunteering!  There will be a
written protocol for each to follow so that there is consistency.

Charles Tuttle   Z5, where the temp will be in the low 40s F today.  And,
the white mulch is disappearing.