I already am a member of the American Orchid Society.  And yes, their dues
are a bit higher than the AHS. However, you do receive upon joining a
twenty dollar (retail cost) book on orchid care.  Additionally, they
publish a monthly journal which is very informative.  Also they have a
orchid help line (your dime) available for call in assistance.

I don't know about you but I would gladly pay the AHS more in dues if it
meant that the Journal was going to be published monthly.

That statement make me pounder the issue of "is their enough interest and
information out there" for the AHS to publish monthly?
I'm sure some of the "people" at the AHS would gringe at the tought of
publishing the journal monthly, althought I would surely enjoy it.

Roy Dales
Milton, VT
Z 3/4

needing snow and cooler weather to enhance skiing