Re: Winter Scientific Meeting (Part Three)

>> Jim's reaction to my comments was, (as best as I remember his
>> words)...." I don't understand. The policy remains. If it is not
>> excepted, we can be voted out at the next election".

I found your evaluation of the situation enlightening Jim.  The section I
quoted above though causes me some concern.  Even considering it
is quoted out of context it gives me a "take it or leave it" feeling.
If we don't like it we can vote them out at the next election?  That
doesn't sound like someone who is interested in promoting
cooperation within the Society.   I would think such universal disagreement
with any policy would be cause for a review and
consideration of other options.