New Member

Hi everyone,

I finally got around to joining Hosta-open...some of you may know me
from the AHS robin, too.  My name is Josh Spece.  I live with my family
on a small farm in Eastern Iowa.  I have always loved being outdoors and
have been "playing in the dirt" for as long as I can remember!  Because
of a physical disability, my gardening is "limited" to several raised
beds and potted plants, but I have designed all the other gardens around
our home.  We grow a little bit of everything, but hostas are my
favorite.  I began collecting about 6 years ago and am up to about 125
varieties.  Unfortunately, space is becoming a bit of an issue, but it
hasn't slowed me down, yet :)  Always room for one more!!  (See
http://personal.trxinc.com/jspece/Hostas/hostavirus.html for symptoms of
our "disease"!)

Last spring my mom and I started a garden shop specializing in hostas
and water gardens.  I am currently going to college and majoring in
horticulture with an emphasis is landscape design.

I envite you to visit my web page to find out more about me and my
gardens!  http://personal.trxinc.com/jspece/index.html

zone 4 Iowa

Josh's Home Page

JS Web Page Design