Re: white christmas

White Christmas is not my favorite plant. However, it did fare as well
as could be expected in our Georgia heat and drought. Any plant with
this much white leaf suface just leaves a plant with a lack of vigor. In
my garden I had a minimal amount of 'melting out' which may have a lot
to do with location in the garden. Extra light but not too much.
(whatever that means is hard to explain). White Christmas in containers
was another story. With warm days in Jan. & Feb., containers plants
especially had an early emergence. March came, as it does many years,
with late freezes. Even with protection, some plants got frozen back and
had to start all over again. White Christmas never seemed to bounce back
and grow very well last season. We may be in trouble again this year
with temps. this Jan. in the 70's. This week we had a high of 76F but
now its rainy and back to wintertime again.

Let's keep our fingers crossed
Spring is on the way, Richard Jolly

Pine Forest Gardens Grower of Quality Hostas
On Line Catalog