Daylily Classics

>Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 19:21:54 -0500
>To: AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>From: margaret <margaret@golden.net>
>Subject: Daylily Classics
>
>Hi Everyone.
>
>Regarding Daylilies:
>
>What Daylilies would be consistently found in a list of the "Ten Classics"
ie, those that have been around for a number of years, are garden worthy and
ones that a beginner should have( and are readily available?)

>The only Daylily on my property is the wild roadside variety that goes into
dormancy mid August here in Zone 5. I am very interested in developing one
area of my garden in Daylilies but I dont want the foliage to distract from
my Hosta in the early Fall. Is it the norm for Daylilies to go into dormancy
much earlier than Hosta?

>I realize not everyones "list of ten" will be the same, but there will be
some that I hope will appear on everyones list==as there would in a Hosta
list of "Ten Classics".