Happy Fourth Friends

I got to come home this week and walk around and look at my garden. I was
tempted to come inside earlier in the week and type out my "what I did in
the garden" memo to yawl since I didn't get to play the last couple of
weeks, but I was just tuckered out. What a MESS!

I did go out and buy myself a little hand held recorder and what a
tremendous help that has been. Anyone who doesn't have one, I highly
recommend it. I was able to walk from bed to bed, making notes, then later
scribing them to my database. Great new toy! :-)

I came home to yet another delivery of plants to get in the ground. The
water company's main developed a leak right in front of my house, so I got
the guy to backhoe a nice area in front and I planted about 20 puppies
there. Still have about a dozen to go.

The drought has been devastating this year. I counted 46 dead soldiers so
far. With me not being here, I'm sure it's going to get worse before this
season is out. I'm hoping that half of what's gone is just dormant because
it was stressed out. I've spent every night laying hoses out and really
watering the *&^% out of everything. Of course leaving again on Monday isn't
helping matters. Rather depressing!

Still, the garden looks ok. Someday this is going to be one spectacular
place...probably about the time I'm ready to move.

I downloaded over 300 emails tonight, better get reading huh?

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)