virus questions

I have been trying to get information about the virus in  Sea Sprite.  A couple of weeks ago, Tim OTP mentioned that all the Sea Sprites in England have a virus and are destroyed.  My 6 years old Sea Sprite has the virus but seems to be otherwise healthy and I am reluctant to destroy it.  This is the 3rd year for the plant in its present location and none of the 3 or 4 adjacent plants show any of the spotting that is manifested by the virus.  Schmid's "The Genus Hosta" does not offer any real advise on whether it is necessary to destroy such plants.  Can anyone tell me if the virus will spread to other nearby hostas?  If so, how long might it take to spread?  Or, does the virus stay contained within the tissue of the infected plant?  If the virus does spread to other varieties, why is Sea Sprite being sold by reputable nurseries, as I am sure is the case with the very well known nursery that sold me the plant?

Hank Zumach
Stoddard, WI
zone 4B