Sprite virus question....

Hi All,
I had never heard of the Sea Sprite Virus before and was amazed that
something like that was being sold. I then proceeded to look up the places
that sold it and found out one of my plants was purchased from one of the
vendors. This plant is not a Sea Sprite, it had no name yet. But I am betting
it has that parentage. Has the same coloration on the leaves with the red
peticoles. And now it is developing spotting. Is this was that virus does?
Makes spots on the leaves? And it is in a pretty large garden are all those
plants at risk now? How contagious might it be?
Hubby is working at the University of Minn right now, so I will ask him to
take a leaf over and see if we can get it tested.
I will get that plant out of that garden and isolate it....anybody know what
my chances are or is it too late?

Paula
Blaine,Mn