mp3s or shoutcast

Shoutcast is a streaming audio system that allows anyone with an Internet
connection, Nullsoft's Winamp audio player, and the proper plug-ins to
broadcast audio via the Internet (you only need Winamp and an Internet
connection to listen). Content is sent to the Shoutcast server by Winamp in
the form of MP3s, WAVs, or other file types using the (required) Shoutcast
DSP Plug-in for Winamp 2.05 or later. Live audio content can also be
broadcast via the Shoutcast Live Input Plug-in, also for Winamp 2.05 and
later. Shoutcast features the ability to relay a common stream across
multiple Shoutcast servers to distribute load. It also has capability for
automatic integration into the Shoutcast directory so that more people can
listen. Be sure to read the readme file so that you fully understand how to
make the server work. Version 1.6.0 RC2 features new XML-based status
queries, new on-demand broadcast features, several bug fixes, and more.

 - Tip provided by CNET Help.com

 Help.com | Answers for Tech Questions
 http://www.help.com

I found this in my email this morning, I thought it might be a way of
broadcasting information to the group audiably.

Paula  (hostalady)