RE: Judging Leaves.... much to be desired.

Narda wrote:

Dan, that means that they are discussing something on the Phoenix that is
worthy of one wanting to stay on that particular list?

Hi Narda,

Sorry I missed you at the convention. Yes, from time to time something of
interest does come up on the Phoenix. I don't blame the folks that left, we
did receive some pretty poor treatment(being called trash, etc.). And yes,
we are still watched closely to make sure we don't step out of line. I
mostly stayed on so I could get a jab in now and then. A spy in the enemy
camp so to speak.(aka, a thorn in the britches)

I miss the malcontents (as a certain group of people have been called) that
left Phoenix when we came under attack. With the malcontents gone Phoenix is
missing a certain balance that I find enjoyable.

BTW, I sat in on the AHS Board meeting for the first time. It was
interesting to see who is behind some of the decisions that come out of
these meetings. IMO more people need to attend these board meetings. The
whole AHS is being run(over) by fewer than 10 people.

I was surprised at the large number of ideals that the board has adopted
that came out of internet discussions. Very little credit was given to the
internet people as could be expected. You can bet when a topic is discussed
on the internet that the board of directors listens. They usually won't get
involved in these discussions, but they are listening and sometimes the
logic  sinks in.

I think the real conflict comes from the fact that a group of people have
their ideals of how and what the AHS does and these people really don't want
things discussed in public. Hence the AHS board meeting in the fall at a
private residence in Michigan. All of these meetings need to be attended by
any member that wants to attend and should be held just before or after an
event that is attended by a large number of AHS members. (My opinion)

Dan Nelson