On being the person your pet wants you to be (Was:Re: Judging Leaves.... much to be desired).

  • To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
  • Subject: On being the person your pet wants you to be (Was:Re: Judging Leaves.... much to be desired).
  • From: "Gerry/Bob O'Neill" <eoneill@ibm.net>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 07:17:15 -0400

At 04:55 PM 7/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>And I agree with ALL of the points; the most interesting one, however,
>is to be "the kind of person my dog thinks I am"!!!! I've got a Border
>Collie, and she has the notion that her very life is meant to be lived
>for me! John Lanier
Now see, you guys all have dogs..I have a Siamese cat, and she thinks I
have an IQ of 13, am slow, clumsy, a person of no taste (I like birds), and
unreasonable and erratic to boot. As I've said before, if she ever learns
how to use the can opener, I'm history.

So no, I don't want to be the kind of person my cat thinks I am.