Re: strawberry pots

Linda wrote:

>         Kris...what do you do with the minis in the strawberry pot in the
> wintertime?  The pots themseves are clay, right, which can't be left out
> above ground or buried at -15 -20 degrees, let alone the hostas themselves.
> Linda
> Minnesota zone 4

I'm zone 4a/3b (Red River Valley). When the hostas go dormant, I put the jars
in my outdoor shed, which is cold but protected. Our attached garage always
seems too "heated". Sometimes we get -40 temps, and you're right, the jars
could crack. On the other hand, I have stone troughs, and I leave them out.
Ten years, so far so good.

Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am."