Re: off subject

Paula Hiselman wrote:

> >Close your eyes.....And go back....
> >         Before the Internet or the MAC,
> >         Before semi automatics and crack

Great sentiments, Paula. Sometimes I do just think about those things . . . a jar
full of lightning bugs, etc. Then my husband pipes up and completes the
thought--"Yes, I remember the 40s-50s of my childhood. But you forgot polio,
diphtheria, typhus, tetanus, tuberculosis, and every poor kid in school with
lice, ringworms, and inpetigo; you forgot endless family trips in cars with no
air conditioning. . ." At this point he's just getting warmed up, and we both had
relatively idyllic childhoods with summers at the lake, etc. Oh, the burst
bubble.

At least now we have hostas and computers!

Kris