Re: Plant markers http://www.ks-plantmarkers.com/

Bob wrote:

> Hi everyone
>         I found a plant marker I really like. It is about 18" tall and has a
> dangly little place to write the name on. You do this with a sort of
> paint pen. I just now tried some of them so I don't know how they last
> but the people claim they will last a couple of years or more before you
> have to touch them up.
> http://www.ks-plantmarkers.com/
> PS: I did the site but that isn't affecting my judgement of them.

I can vouch for these markers. They are simple and elegant and anyone can
easily look at the name of the hosta without having a marker in view. Engraving
rocks sounds really neat too. I used to use a P-Touch to make laminated labels
for wood sticks or pieces of plastic that I would then hide under the plant.
Then I saw these simple metal markers Bob writes about. Mine have metal dangly
tags--you write on them with a stylus (a ballpoint pen would work) and it
"engraves" the metal, which is soft. But I think ifyou use a laundry marker and
then a little clear lacquer or nail polish over the writing, it should be a
while before they fade.

Kris

--
Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.
kgroberg@fargocity.com

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am."