Re: Tattoo and Emboirdery

Lawrence Lacey wrote:
To:  Anne k., Kris G. and whomever it may concern

I purchased these two a month ago.  I put them both in full morning sun
-afternoon shade.  After a week I noticed Embroidery was burning on the
embroidered part of one leaf,  so I constructed  a little shade tube of
screenwire for it, rather than digging it up and moving it to more shade.
Since then it is doing fine-putting up 3 new leaves(total of 7).  Tattoo,
beside it, but getting a little more shade from an achillea did not burn,
has 5 leaves and is sending up a bloom stalk.

Lawrence Lacey
Sioux City, Iowa

Thank you so much, L.L.--there's a certain amount of subtle terror involved in buying these two. All the common sense that I've applied to other hostas seems somehow not enough. I expect they will be just as hardy as the others, but the shade requirements are always kind of hit-or-miss.

Kris

--
Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.
kgroberg@fargocity.com

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am."