Re: Dormant Bud Cutting....How to with Hostas

Dan, just went out to look at the William Lachman that I was referring to
earlier and it has a streaky eye coming off the side.

Wow, this plant was given to me by a friend that had several to sell and this
one had completely reverted over the winter.  He gave it to me to play with,
and since it was ugly I just snapped the eyes off as far down as I could with
my fingers.  Forgot about the plant until a few minutes ago.  Now it clearly
has a streaky eye, nicely streaked.  I am going to cut away the rest of the
green eyes and leave the roots with the streak.

Maybe this streak division will be appropriate for bud cutting in the fall.