Re: mini-hostas in pots

In a message dated 7/15/00 10:27:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
BanyaiHsta@aol.com writes:

<< Narda, my boys cooked up a good gun this week, having not much else to do
in
 the summer. We launched some hefty potatoes today about 400 feet, maybe 50
 feet up in ther air. Whummpppp and out they go. Lots of giggles, since you
 reload and fire when ready! Big production, better than fireworks

Bruce, did you make a picture of it.  Joseph made a thing that looks more
like a cannon than anything but he got side tracked with decorating it with
Mr. Potato Head designs.

I would love to have a few days of nothing to do.  My kids have so many
activities going that I worry that they will wear out.  We are right in the
middle of summer swim and the boyscouts leave tomorrow for a week at Crooked
Creek near Louisville, Ky.  Then we have piano and gymnastics and probably a
couple of things that I have forgotten.

Oh and there is also fishing, don't know why but both of them love to fish.
Luckily we have friends who will take both of them along so I don't have to
pretend that I like to fish.  I just try not to look too muddy when I have to
make an appearance at a swim meet or at boyscouts.

I am having a bit of fun with making a couple of crosses and have a Sun Power
that put out a yellow and white striped leaf and now is forming a striped
bud, did the Van Wade thing and removed all the plain leaves.  Letting a bit
of my sadistic side out by carving on a few crowns to see how many plants I
can get and am looking forward to trying that bud isolation thing.  Hope I
get time because that will be about the time school starts and it will be
back to work.

Well, I got a little windy, hope you don't mind.  N.