Re: statue of Lenin

Bob wrote:

>  For the past three years I have been sending hostas to a guy who lives
> in Russia. He is going to school here and I overnight them to him just
> before he leaves St Louis for Russia. Then he heads for home during the
> summer.

Great news! I wonder how he gets them through customs (probably uses American
cigarettes as bribes). I think it is illegal to bring live plants into the
country. Does he have a garden? Where does he live (city?)? Maybe next trip I can
look him up--I usually go in summer and over the winter holidays.

> On another historic note sort of I bought 100 1.5 pfennings german
> coins from 1940-1943 a few days ago. They have little swastikas on them.

You probably made a wide investment--anything with a Nazi swastika is quite
collectible. There's a military goods dealer in Minneapolis who does quite a
healthy trade in such things.

> I quess I am interested in evil empires.

Most of us are.

Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am."