BHHS Summer Weekend & Other Gardens

Just got back from England. I was fortunate to have a great friend, Glen
Pether, with whom I drove up from London to Houghton(Lake District) to the
gardens of Gwen Black. This is a must! We spent the day and night in their
Edwardian manor house and viewed their sensational garden. Then to Yorkshire
for the Summer Weekend .Fab gardens, culminating with that of George Smith in
Heslington, near York. Saw great specimens of Hosta 'George Smith' grown in
huge urns and in other places in his garden.
The BHHS put on a grand show and the hospitality and company was superb.
Glen is a great host and hostaphile---he has the best collection of
hostas---be sure to contact him when you are in the London area.

Clyde Crockett
(My name tag read "Clive" Crockett---they thought I was British. I rather
liked that, what.)