Re: Wide Brim streaked...

Hi Joe
This doesnt seem to occur tho'.  Take William Lachman.........it has been
around for yonks and its margined sport has only just got a
name..........Fond Memories.   Whilst we have at least 3 Patriot reversals
all looking pretty similar.
Additionally if as seems likely only one streakie is named from each
(stable) cultivar I dont see the problem that some mention, if fact the more
registered hosta the better in my view, well at least up to the 10000 mark!
The point about streaky seedlings tho' I agree is more valid, but I suspect
hybridisers already take that line, perhaps in reverse........ie once a
stablised plant becomes a winner worth naming then the parent streakie also
gains merit and deserves a name.
Tim OTP/4006 and counting