RE: whirlwind and June

Well I'll add my 2cents worth on Whirlwind.

The other day I was at the South Eastern
WI Hosta Society demo at a local public
garden.  One of the folks doing the presentation
had a bunch of cut leaves for the presentation.
One of which was H. Whirlwind.  I couldn't
believe my eyes.  The petiole was atleast a
foot long maybe longer and the leaf was approx
6-7" across.  Substance was very good.

The actual leaf of his Whirlwind looked
exactly like mine, what knocked my socks off
was the petiole.  I couldn't believe it. My
Whirlwind have almost no petiole maybe 3"
at most.  Extremely tight clump, great substance.
My clump gets about 4hrs of morning sun
probably the latest it gets any sun is about
10:30.  I guess if one potted mine up and
his up it would look much like the Fire and
Ice vs Loyalist pic we viewed earlier.

Just my 2.

Mike
Milwaukee