little trick with your computer

  • Subject: little trick with your computer
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 08:50:07 -0500

Hi everyone
	I wanted to share a little trick with your computer I have learned in
the last couple of months and tried three times and it works great. In
your win98 computers at least and I think ME also there are 5 backup
cab/zip files updated or renewed automatically. These are used to
restore your computer if it develops a problem.
	To see this you might have to go to windows explorer>view>folder
options>then the view tab and set your hidden files as show all files.
Then go to the c drive and then windows and Sysbckup folder. Inside
there are 5 cab files which store previous settings for your registry
.dat files (data)and initiation(.ini) files. There are four files inside
these cab files. One is system.dat, system.ini, user.dat, and win.ini
	If you decide to ever use them or tell whoever would restore your
computer about them then unzip them to some folder and rebooting in dos
mode you just copy them over to your c:\system folder and you
effectively moved your computer back a couple of days. This would even
remove certain viruses that change registry entries.
	I am always messing with my computers and locking them up and this has
really been helpful to get up and running again fast.
--
Bye
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/