Re: dirty jokes on the open

  • Subject: Re: dirty jokes on the open
  • From: Kris Groberg <kgroberg@fargocity.com>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 11:15:35 -0500

bykands wrote:

> .  I think these jokes are in
> > very bad taste for a family gardening list. When I asked him about
> it he
> > says if people don't like it they need to get new software or use
> the
> > software they have to block him out, not that he might consider
> quitting
> > sending them. I also asked why he sends these jokes to a mixed list
> of
> > people and not to just his private list and he won't answer that.
> Hi Bob,
> I wish Jim would find a new list that would appreciate his jokes.  He
> just gets deleted here.  I don't understand why he wants to do this
> unless he can't find anything better to do with his time.  There is
> something wrong when someone keeps doing things just to get negative
> attention.
> Sue

I have to agree that the endless sexually-oriented jokes have no pkace
here. Further, last year when I joined this list, I innocently asked
what such jokes had to do with hostas, and I received a barrage of nasty
notes (at my personal e-address) about people with Ph.D.s and how they
think they're too good for the rest of the list, etc. At Dan's request I
stayed on the list, but took my professional signature off my posts. I
suppose now I will receive more of the same, but if so I will
unsubscribe from the list. I am here to learn about hostas, not collect
sophomoric jokes.

Kris Groberg