RE: dirty jokes on the open

  • Subject: RE: dirty jokes on the open
  • From: "blw2629" <blw2629@home.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 13:10:24 -0400

I am all for a cleaner and more gardening related mailing list.  I am just
not sure why Jim Dixon should be singled out.  I just opened an email where
the subject line stated 'Lavender Blue Baby daylily' and there I had staring
me in the face some woman's front end wishing they were her brains. There
was nothing gardening related about those and was not something that I
wished to see especially since I was expecting a daylily.  This did not come
from Jim Dixon.  I also remember getting a picture of some guy laying naked
on the beach with a hat on his head and another hat on his private parts.
Again, there was nothing gardening related about that picture and it did not
come from Jim Dixon.

As Lu stated 'I've been told to just ignore him and delete. Why should "I"
be the one inconvenienced? Did I sign up for this kind of material? NO! I
signed up for hosta talk.' and 'Now, it seems that if people don't want to
receive jokes on a hosta forum, we should be able to ask him to stop. If he
wants to send out jokes, then start a hosta joke group. If he offends just
ONE person, it's enough to stop the behavior.'

Well, I remember asking back in November and December to stop sending
Political messages because I could not find anything gardening relate about
those messages.  I was also finding the tone of the messages offensive.  But
although one person was offended, the sending of political messages did not
stop and I was told that since I do not contribute to this mailing list that
I had no say.  Why couldn't the political talk go to a hosta political
group?  My feeling at that time was that I signed up for hosta talk and all
I was getting was political stuff.

So in closing, I am all for a cleaner and more gardening related mailing
list and if there are going to be policies implemented, please do not single
out one individual but apply the policy across the board and keep the
mailing list pure with hosta and gardening related discussions.

Bob W.