Re: dirty jokes on the open

Everyone,
    What is the difference between what that gal from Illinois sent to this
list in the not too distant past; Re: gays in the boy scouts, all of the
political crap that was sent to the open last fall and the dirty jokes????
Last fall there were weeks of political-only discussions on the open. Many
chimed in and said that there were no rules and that you could post anything
you wanted. (that is how I understood the replies). Now, all-of-a-sudden,
there are rules?????

    It seems to me some off-topic stuff is alright (regardless of the
topic), but some is not. There needs to be some consistency. Either all or
none. What is it going to be????????

Bob????
(I expect Bob to have some snide comment since I don't regularly contribute
to the open. That should not make any - ANY - difference. Whether you
contribute daily or tend to lurk - all should be treated equally. We are
here to learn about HOSTAS, after all).

Mike Derksen
Bloomington, MN. USA
USDA Zone 4a; Sunset Zone 43