Re: dirty jokes on the open

  • Subject: Re: dirty jokes on the open
  • From: ShayDguy@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 19:44:12 EDT

Dear folks,

Since Bob had chosen, after several exchanges with me, to bring this to
everyone's attention, I reiterate my most recent message to him that
evidently spurred him on to this.

Since he feels my jokes are pornographic, I replied that on television and in
the newspapers every day there are hideous pornographic stories of children
and elderly people being beated to death, of starvation, of disease that
could be prevented, but is not because of some whim of a bureaucrat or worse.
 My feeling is that these things are far more pornographic than anything I
have ever or will ever post to this group.

I suggested to Bob that if he was concerned about his daughter seeing one of
my jokes that he set up a separate account for her with the "protection" that
any good ISP (Internet Service Provider) has available and provide his
account with a password for access.  On AOL, this takes about 3 minutes.
Evidently Bob doesn't think that wasting this time is worth the effort, and
has instead decided to call out the wrath of our membership upon me.

Just my side, folks

Jim Dixon