Re: dirty jokes on the open

Well....I had posted when we were going through this stuff with Beth, in
Illinois, and Bob had a snide comment when I posted at that time. I just
assumed he would do the same thing this time....

Also, Everyone, WHY do you keep including all of the dirty jokes when you
reply to the open? You all say that you don't want them, but you keep
sending the same jokes EVERY TIME you reply. YOU can reply without including
those jokes! If you don't know how to delete parts of a message when you
reply, please ask and I will tell you how to do it. I am not taking either
side. If you read farther down in my posting:
do you own this open?, if so, you can make the rules) If not, the owners
need to come forward and state what is allowed and what is not. If that
doesn't happen, it is up to Bob to police his computer, and what his kids
see on his computer, so his kids can't read what is posted on the open. No
different than not allowing his kids access to porn on the web. What kids
are allowed to see, or not see, is up to the parents. The parents control
the computer. They are the adults in the house......if dirty jokes continue
to be posted, Bob needs to prevent his kids from reading the open.

I am just telling Bob it is up to him to control what his kids see. I don't
have it in for Bob. Most of the people on the open have asked Jim to quit
sending dirty jokes. If he doesn't, YOU (anyone who has kids) have to keep
your kids from reading the open. It is as simple as that. What other steps
are taken to get Jim to quit sending the jokes, is another matter.

I have changed computers since the last time I posted. I can go and get the
comments that Bob sent, if needed. I save all of the digests. (for those who
get individual emails it is easy to delete the posts you don't want. If you
get the digest, it is not so easy.

Mike, if you don't often contribute here, I'm surprised that you "expect Bob
to have some snide comment since I don't regularly contribute to the open."
I haven't formed such an impression of Bob, so I'm curious why the

Mike Derksen
Bloomington, MN. USA
USDA Zone 4a; Sunset Zone 43