Re: "Abba Irresistible"

  • Subject: Re: "Abba Irresistible"
  • From: DonWachtel@webtv.net (Don)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:45:17 -0400 (EDT)

I was ready to give up on this hosta also, until this year.  I didn't
exaggerate when I said it went from one division the last two years to 8
this year.  It could be 10 but the clump is so tight with leaves that it
is hard to separate to get an exact count.  I have it in a raised bed
with a loose soil mix.

The main problem that I see as far as my plant is concerned is how
susceptible it is going to be to center melt out. (zone 6).  The leaf
tips on mine don't droop and the streaking extends down the leaf stem.

I got it from Bridgewood in 1998  (almost sure that was the year).
Maybe Chick has more experience with this plant.