From: Ransom Lydell [mailto:ranbl@netsync.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 7:20 AM
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
Subject: Re: Oh My Heart hosta

Ann
It blooms like that !  It is in it's eleventh year, and buds starting to
show look like the best year yet!  I have (OS) stock, of about 40
plants, many of which have bloomed as well.  It is in 5 test gardens,
and has preformed equally well there.  Now my problem.  I don't know how
to sell it, and make sure one of the TC labs doesn't pick it up and run
it.  I have worked many years to bring this plant to readiness, and have
no intention of seeing someone else use my hard work to make money!  I
have explored A patent, but so far that has not worked.  I am
considering using a system of a signed form by each purchaser promising
not to divide or share any part of the plant.  If anyone has any
thoughts on this I would sure like to listen.
Thanks
Ran Lydell
10749  Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk,  NY  14048