Re: Oh My Heart hosta

  • Subject: Re: Oh My Heart hosta
  • From: "Sam" <samk52@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 22:48:43 -0400

couldn't you do the TCing yourself?  I took a class on Home TC at Hosta College in Piqua
this past March.  As a matter of fact Charles Tuttle gave the class.  I know it's very involved, but if the plant is worth it and from the pix I think it would be.
Sam I Am

It blooms like that !  It is in it's eleventh year, and buds starting to show look like the best year yet!  I have (OS) stock, of about 40 plants, many of which have bloomed as well.  It is in 5 test gardens, and has preformed equally well there.  Now my problem.  I don't know how to sell it, and make sure one of the TC labs doesn't pick it up and run it.  I have worked many years to bring this plant to readiness, and have no intention of seeing someone else use my hard work to make money!  I have explored A patent, but so far that has not worked.  I am considering using a system of a signed form by each purchaser promising not to divide or share any part of the plant.  If anyone has any thoughts on this I would sure like to listen.
Ran Lydell
10749  Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk,  NY  14048