Re: Looking for a very small tree or large bush to complement hosta

  • Subject: Re: Looking for a very small tree or large bush to complement hosta
  • From: "Kate Ardissono" <ardissono@home.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:46:43 -0500

Thank you Harry,  Of the ones you mention.. are they good in zone 5?  Kate

at 6' in the acer genus (palmatum), here are some choices:

any dissectum (over 6' after 10 years??) green or red
sharp's pygmy
beni hime
kiyo hime
koto hime
wilson's pink dwarf
shishigashira
all are small and slow growing.
there are more, but these came "off the top" of my head

harry

 Harry Abel
 we do not create the beauty, we only point out the beauty God has created
        hand carved stone water basins            traditional bamboo water
garden accessories
        japanese maples         dwarf bamboos                hosta bonsai
http://www.shinkigen.com
      shishi@aol.com
770-434-9955