Re: Breeders' Rights

  • Subject: Re: Breeders' Rights
  • From: AmberWaveG@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:54:34 EDT

In a message dated 07/16/2001 11:52:29 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
njhosta@hotmail.com writes:

I have heard good things about the following place, and wonder if anyone
here has had dealings with them.

I have had dealings with them and a few other plant agents (Maketerts). One
lump opinion on them all. "One never knows the devil, even when their hand
rests upon your shoulder." NEVER give your plant to ANYONE without a signed
trialing agreement and I mean NEVER! If I was you Ran old boy, I would stick
to the get all you can while you can cause nothings going to change anytime
too soon. Or do what I did. Box up your best and send it to 16 of the largest
wholesalers that want you plants and forget about it and then move on to the
next one. Now, I only say this cause the cost to a smaller operation or a
single person to try to have any measure of control over the propagation by
legal means is way way way way way more than you will ever see in return.
Don't be fooled into thinking that a plant agent (Marketer) is on your side.
This is my opinion based on personal experince.