Re: Moles

  • Subject: Re: Moles
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:09:14 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/01 3:18:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
zumach@execpc.com writes:

<<  Has anyone found a trap that actually kills the darn things?  How about a
poison that is specific to moles ( as opposed to the type that kills off all
the worms that the moles feed on)?

Hank, I feel your pain.  That sounds familiar, where did I get that from.

Anyway when we lived near the woods we had a constant problem with the moles
and I found that it was impossible to get rid of them.  My husband tried
gassing the holes and etc.  The traps were expensive and unsuccessful.  My
next door neighbor has a trap now that looks like jaws and he says it works
for his son.  I will ask him if he caught the pesky mole that was ruining his
yard.  I hated to tell him that they never appear as a single mole, if you
have one you have ............who knows.

I found the best solution, my own you know, was to go around stomping and if
it felt too soft then to stomp it back in place.

Oh yes, some say that a castor oil solution sprayed all over will deter them,
I had no success with that either.

They eat the grubs and bad stuff so if you can find a way to work with the
situation you are better off, the battle will get you nowhere.  Sorry, just
my experience.  N.