sircam virus

  • Subject: sircam virus
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:39:38 -0500

Hi everyone
	By now a lot of you might have seen the sircam virus which sends out a
text file plus a super sized virus with file extensions such as pif,
doc, bat, and exe tacked onto the end of a regular file name. I have
seen all 4 of these so far. Anyway as you know don't open them. Someone
on the list wrote me that they did.
	I have a question though since I don't use virus software. If someone
clicks on the files(the text file can be opened ok but why do it) and
the software sets up a squawk so they delete the files did they catch it
in time.
	Here are sarc instructions.
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/