Re: Did not recieve mail order hostas

  • Subject: Re: Did not recieve mail order hostas
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:33:01 -0500

Nearly everything I buy except groceries is mail order, including plants,
especially plants that aren't common here in Conroe, which is not exactly a

I  have an increasingly hard time getting the delivery people to get a
signature, even though the vendors may request it.  This is especially
urgent when you order food from a distant supplier and the delivery people
either just dump it in your driveway or in your entry.  Half the time I
would never know when packages come except for my alert dogs, who know
precisely the sounds of the UPS and FedEx trucks.

The downside of this is that they warn when the neighbors get a delivery and
raise unshirted cain that the driver didn't stop here.

The U. S. Mail, though, never fails.  My first order of hostas from PlantCom
came USPS and the box had deliver early stamped on it.  Our route carrier
came here first, before it was even remotely our turn to get mail.  And we
didn't get our regular mail then, just the plants.  Now, that's service.

I don't know who you ordered from, but I find mail order or the equivalent
to be very reliable.  And if you charged on a credit card, all you have to
do is call your card people and lodge a complaint. They will take it from

Ann James
(who is very sorry you didn't get your plants)