Re: Colinear Hoe

  • Subject: Re: Colinear Hoe
  • From: CBCTPLANT@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:28:02 EDT

Glen,
I found this with an AOL search at http://ohioline.osu.edu/textline/nltr/almc/1995/04-24.txt     :  That ancient garden tool, the hoe, has probably been around about as long as humans have been cultivating plants, thus creating the first weeds.  After all, a weed is just a plant somewhere you don't want it.  The best modern hoes include the "colinear hoe"and the "winged weeder".  The sharp blades stay parallel to the ground as you work.  As you walk backwards, slide the blade back and forth just underneath the surface of the soil as if mopping the floor.  Hoeing can be a pleasant, meditative activity if the weeds are in the seedling stage, and the hoe is long-handled to avoid stooping.

Did you find any searches that resulted in a photo or drawing?  I saw a strange hoe at a local superstore that I had not seen before...
If you can point me to a pic I can start looking for one.

Thanks Glen!
cb

Carol in CT   z6/5