Re: Hosta Meander & heat

  • Subject: Re: Hosta Meander & heat
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 15:58:38 EDT

Charles,
I too figured that out this year.
When the scape was up..and the temps were like today with a heat index of over 100, it withered. Flowers would just melt.

On my Blue Angel, which seemed to miss the heat one week, it is loaded with pods.

I have also been watching what I water and when, trying to prevent problems.

We have already had our allotment of  90 degree days for the summer.
Both the hostas and I am ready for a break.

Paula
Blaine,Mn